This practice is a somatic-focused exercise in bringing your attention to your internal experience to influence your external experience and is best achieved through daily practice.
Shifting your focus of awareness to something different helps to mitigate a potentially distressing experience without becoming overwhelmed by it. Moving back and forth between the experiences prevents overwhelm.
Nothing changes until we become aware. Tuning into your internal experiences enables you to connect to your emotional body that holds the wisdom to move you through experiences.
Reflective inquiry exercises deepen your awareness of self and are essential for affecting the changes you desire in life. These involve engaging with your greatest superpower- Curiousity- to shift your perspectives from "why" (that often activates judgment and critiscm to "wonder-focused", open ended questions that encourage exploration and understanding.
Asking yourself "how, what, I wonder" questions through the lens of compassionate curiosity helps you to evolve, develop and consider unimagined possibilities.
Note to self: Be kind to yourself.
We are born with purpose- to be seen, heard and to experience a sense of belonging with self and others who value the very essence of who we are and to share our innate gifts with the world. Join me as I guide you through the process of defining your purpose and experience greater connections and meaning in your life.
1. Identify your passions and interests:
What activities do you fully immerse yourself and engage with? What are you passionate about? When do you experience joy? What fulfills you?
2. Identify your values- those things that are important to you and guide your decisions. How are you living in alignment to your values?
3. What experiences brings you meaning? Those experience you look back to and feel the impact of it. What have each of those experiences had in common for you?
4. What are you curious about? What do you get excited about, what do you want to learn more about?
5. How do you currently/wish to contribute in service of others? Consider how your passions and strengths can influence the lives of others in a way that honors your style.
The process of defining your purpose is ongoing, shifts and changes as you move through life. It involves being mindful, present and introspective.
Anchors are visual reminders to support you in disengaging with guilt, overthinking, or self judgement. Write these out onto post it notes and put them up in your home or car. Setting reminders in your phone with these messages can be beneficial as well.
Setting boudaries is the ultimate form of self care. They are a testmant to your personal worth and value that you determine!